Friday, July 11, 2014

Is It That Time Already?!

So I go back to school August 4.  Yes, the 4th.  As in 3 weeks away.  This means I'm in and out of my classroom getting things ready for the next couple of weeks.  (Gotta get it done before I go on vacay!)  It always takes me a few days to get things arranged.  Plus, I'm doing a little decoration overhaul.  (stay tuned for that!)

This is what I'm dealing with.  During the summer the custodians mop and wax the floors, which means they move my entire room.  EVERYTHING goes off the floor and on a shelf, including my computers, printers, supplies, etc.


Yes, those are my printers on top of my cubbies.  Lol.  This is where project organize comes in.  My classroom needs it's structure back!


I'm so thankful for a lot of space to work with.  It's a nice size area to share between 2 therapists.  

Next week I'll show you how I get this space back into shape a little.  Or at least some of the ways I like/plan to organize it.  I'll even share some ways I deal with paperwork and collect data.  Check back Monday-Friday with lots of fun ideas and tips that hopefully you can take back to your classrooms as well!  

Here's the schedule!


Hope you stop by!

6 comments:

  1. I too start back 8/4!! UGH!!!
    I am looking forward to what you do so that I can figure out what I might do....my room received storm damage which resulted in the removal of carpeting, revealing asbestos tiles that had to be removed, and then replaced with the oh-so-wonderful-noisy-tile instead. EVERYTHING is messed up! Enjoy the next 3 weeks and thanks for jumping into it early!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! That's terrible about the storm damage! Hope you enjoy your next 3 weeks as well!

      Delete
  2. We go back a week earlier. I just unpacked everything at my new/old school; I'm planning on going back next week to organize everything. Then I need to figure out how I'm going to decorate. If you have any suggestions, take a look at my space (http://oldschoolspeech.blogspot.com/2014/07/help-encouraged.html) and let me know what you think!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Fun, Mary! I'll have to take a look at that and we can see what we can come up with! :)

      Delete
  3. Hi Lauren! I'm a new school SLP this year, to complete my CF (woo hoo!). I will be sharing a classroom with two part time therapists, one who is 3.5 days a week, and one who is only a half day. I would love to hear any suggestions you have for organizing/dividing your classroom between therapists. Last year, the shared classroom was divided in half down the middle, but we are looking for different/ more workable layout ideas. I would love to hear any tips you may have for making a shared space work? Thanks :-)

    PS: it's not letting me comment under my blog profile, but I'm over at http://greenteaandslp.wordpress.com/ :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just kidding about the PS! Sorry about that! Technology isn't my friend this morning lol!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...